Sunday, October 12, 2014

Dad and Marcia

When Darwin and I were first married and making only $400 a month ( when his boss could afford to pay us, we lived in a little very old shack. I wanted a quaint adorable little cottage. Dad and mom drove ten hours up to visit . Darwin worked two jobs and was only home about 4 hours out of every 24 hours. But Dad set to work. Dismantled all the kitchen cabinets , painted them, reassembled them, painted the rest of the house, wallpapered three rooms revived an old couch we rescued from the dump. And did all he could to give me that charming little cottage of my dreams. This will probably only really, I guess, impress those who knew that dad was NOT a handyman. Everything he did for me that week was WAY out of his comfort zone, but for his little girl he did it all, almost completely by himself and never once complained about how tired he was, how hard it was, how impossible it was. (At least not to me anyway ) maybe he did to others. Remember how many kids he moved how many times, how many fixer uppers he help so many of us with. Dad I can never repay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment