Marcia:
"You know about his love for motor cycles and crazy pick up trucks. Main reason I wish I was part of the Harley side of our family is because of dad's love for bikes! I feel I have been left behind and live in another world than the rest of the family. But I can never forget how much he loved bikes and trucks, in a redneck way lol. Remember the crazy horns? Lol."
Bill:
He had an old International Scout 4x4 that was named "Mahonri Moriancmr". He carpeted every part of the inside, sides, top, etc. I think he had a custom steering wheel on every vehicle he owned. Some wood looking thing on his truck. Custom gear shifters. Always custom wheels. In his truck and Mahonri, he had a CB installed. He had huge antennas on both of them that were just for "looks". They had nothing to do with the CB's.
The truck is one that originally he bought for me when I was in High School. It was the coolest thing ever. I remember the guy he bought it from was annoyed that Dad would give it to his teenager to drive. Dad reminded him that it wasn't any of his business. I accidentally ran it dry of oil and Dad took it over and "Mex'd" it out. Pretty funny.
He had a Honda 175 when we lived in Provo and California. In St. George he had a Honda Gold Wing. About 1000cc's as a recall. He and Sharon used to love riding that around. Maybe that's part of the reason Joi, Lora and Rhonda love their bikes so much.
Marcia:
"When
dad worked at AAMCO, people would sometimes abandon cars that were too
old and broken down they did not think they were worth repairing. Dad
saw that as an opportunity to get a car for me and Lora to drive to
school. You can imagine what a pitiful site they were. We named them
all. The one I remember most was named "verge" because it was always on
the "verge" of either running or breaking down. We never knew which!"
"Did you ever see the old model T that dad restored? He painted it
bright purple. It had a rumble seat in the back, and it could only go
40mph. So he had to sell it because it couldn't get up to the minimum speed
on the freeways. He had a real love for cars and he named them all, do
you remember " the Queen. Mary"? After that was a firebird and he once
had a little MG. He was so big he had a hard time getting in and out of
it. Once he could not get out of it, even with many hands helping. He kept
laughing (to keep from crying ). When we got him out and into the house
he could not stand and was down on his back for many hours. I was quite
frightened by his inability to stand up. But eventually he could, and
he traded for a car more his size Lol."
No comments:
Post a Comment